Prospective Member Information
AGA’s membership year is from November 1st through October 31st. Annual dues are $1,500 payable either in full on or before July 25th of the preceding year, or in three equal installments of $500: on/or before July 25th of the preceding year, and November 1st and March 1st of the membership year.
Some of the Co-op Membership Requirements are:
• Display original wall-hung fine art according to AGA standards.
• Live close enough to the Gallery that travel time is not an impediment to
performing all clerking or committee duties or replacing sold artwork.
• Work one day a month in the gallery as the clerk.
• Greet and interact with customers.
• Become proficient at completing a variety of sales transactions and tasks.
• Serve on at least two committees, which requires extra time each month beyond
scheduled work days.
• Computer skills, including emailing, word processing, and social media.
Please email any questions and the completed application, along with five
digital images of your current work no larger than 2mb, saved at 72dpi to
email@example.com. The Jury Committee will contact you and give
you instructions on the process of meeting you and viewing your work.
If accepted, you will need a Merchant Certificate of Registration, commonly called a Sales and Use Tax ID Registration. You can apply for this at the North Carolina Department of Revenue, 2800 Heart Drive, Asheville, NC 28806 (behind the outlet mall in the Ridgefield Business Park), phone 1-877-252-3052 or online at dor.state.nc.us.
Artists juried into the AGA are put on a waiting list to fill available member vacancies as they occur. A non refundable fee of $100 is paid upon notification of acceptance to hold your place on the waiting list. Your placement fee will be applied to the first membership dues installment when you are called to fill the vacancy.
AGA is a smoke-free and vape-free environment.